Tuesday, January 19, 2016

Podcasts You Need in Your Life

It goes without saying that many readers have an aversion to audio books-I know I did for a very long time. It's not that I had an aversion to it per se, I was ill-equipped with an attention span that was better suited to a single task, like driving to my destination. For example, I just couldn't remember anything I had just listened to, and ended up having to either quit the audio altogether, or continue returning to the same spot in the audio where I lost touch (where was that again?). I am talking about audio books you popped in the C.D. player of your car! I have some fantastic recommendations for podcasts which I think are fabulous, and will even hold the attention of people like me. The best thing is (drumroll) podcasts are FREE! Just subscribe to the channel, and all the episodes will stream to your phone or device. There's also a request I have that many of you will tell me about podcasts that you love in the comments section below.

For Book Lovers
All About the Books (Book Riot)
If you are looking for the latest and greatest in reading topics, and you love hearing about books-start listening to All the Books! hosted by Book Riot. You'll create lists of books to add to your TBR, as well as feel like you are in a room surrounded by a group of fellow book lovers.   

Books on the Nightstand (Anne Kingman and Michael Kindness)
This podcast is my personal favorite, but no mother actually says that, right? What I love most about this podcast is that they also offer readers audiobook selections in addition to their "paper" book choices. They talk about recently published books, and topics of discussion range from "Re-Reading reconsidered" to "Air B and Bookstore." This podcast is now a Tuesday night ritual for me.

For the Mystery Lover in You

Serial (This American Life)
My friend Nancy got me hooked on Serial last year when it was the story of Adnan, a young man currently serving jail time for murder. Lets just put it this way-I hid in the bathroom at work to finish episodes of this podcast. It is one that leaves you wondering week after week what will happen next. I am currently in the second season of this podcast, and the person they are profiling the story if is none other than Bowe Bergdahl. It is utterly fascinating, and I cannot get enough of Serial. 

If You're Looking for Inspiration

School of Greatness (Lewis Howes)
I recently learned of School of Greatness, and I have to say I am very impressed. I appreciate his insight and wisdom, and the people he features on his show are equally amazing. I only wish I listened to them outside of my car so I could write down the many wonderful quotes that inspire me daily. Definitely worth every second you listen to!

That is all, dear readers! Please add podcasts you love to listen to.
Happy listening.




No comments:

Post a Comment